Dear Students and Families of Port Colborne High School,
The Ministry of Education has announced that secondary schools in southern Ontario, including Niagara will not return to in-person learning on January 4. Schools will remain closed for three weeks. Students will return to in-person learning on January 25. During this closure period, students will participate in online learning. Secondary schools will continue to follow the daily schedule posted with one course per day.
The updated calendars are copied below and will also be attached separately to this email communication. Students will need to check their D2L Brightspace or Google classrooms for directions from their period teacher each day and must log in by 10:30 am to be marked present. Teachers will provide synchronous and asynchronous learning opportunities to students during our regular instructional hours from 10:05 a.m. – 2:05 p.m. Students should also be sure to check their DSBN student email regularly. Specialty programs:
• Coop students will not be attending placements and will receive further directions from their teacher
• Home Build students will not be participating in the Home Build and will receive directions from their teacher
• Dig IT students will receive directions from their teacher
• Niagara Link students will receive directions from their teacher
• Connecting to College programs will continue online as usual
• Alternative Education programs will transition to online learning and students will receive directions from their teacher
• eLearning courses continue as usual
If you have questions about or need assistance with your courses please contact your teacher after the winter break. If you are in need of a device or other support, please reach out on January 4 either to me at email@example.com or our Vice Principal, Linda Oliverio, at firstname.lastname@example.org.